Sunday, June 13, 2010

The sun came out! FINALLY!

You can always tell when there's been a long rainy spell in the Pacific Northwest because everyone comes out of their caves...er...houses...and tries to do EVERY outdoor activity possible in one day because NO ONE KNOWS how long the sunshine will last! Many of my Facebook friends who live locally have sunburns because it's been so dang long since we NEEDED sunscreen we forgot we owned any!! I say "we" because I'm sporting a nice red patch on my back where I missed with the sunscreen (after diligently applying it to every exposed part of Sam) and then went on a bike ride. Washing your hair in the shower while facing the showerhead? Not so easy, unless you like soap in your eyes.

I managed to get many chores done in the yard, and a couple inside the house, too! Luckily, the garden was not completely destroyed by all the rain, but we shall see how it does this week with all the sunshine. Sam really enjoyed being outside all day, but I don't think he likes that I have the backyard totally blocked from the front to prevent escape. He keeps heading for the compost pile and the blackberries behind the house, instead, and gets mad when I redirect him (too bad for him, I say). I'm not digging this toddler-ear-splitting-squeal-of-anger though....speaking of that squeal...I'm sensing bedtime....Right. About..........Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment